Ideal Candidates for eyelid surgery
- Have sagging eyelids
- Have excess skin and fine lines of the lower eyelid
- Tired, sad and angry appearance due to the growing age
- Vision obscured because of sagging eyelids
- Have healthy state of body
- Have realistic expectations
Benefits of eyelid surgery
- A refreshed and rejuvenated eye appearance
- Improve the drooping eyelid skin that obscures the eyelid contour
- Overall alert and awake appearance
- Soften the crow's feet
The procedure is done by many different surgical techniques. The technique for the surgery will be used depending upon the patient's anatomy and desired goals. It will include upper eyelid surgery, lower eyelid surgery or both. The procedure can also be used in conjunction with other surgical procedures like brow lift, face lift etc. for incredible results. Upper and lower eyelid surgeries both are required to be done under general anesthesia. After placing incisions in the natural crease above the eye, on the outer edges of the eyelids, inside the eyelids or just beneath the eyelashes. The cosmetic surgeon will remove an excess amount of fat and skin through these incisions and you will get the natural and appealing appearance.
After the procedure, patients feel minimal discomfort such as swelling and bruising. They are advised to apply ice packs or cold to get relief from the swelling. Makeup can be worn by patients to hide bruising that will settle down after few days or weeks. They can start their daily routine work after taking rest for few weeks after the procedure.